Wednesday 20 January 2016

Hello,

Here's a brief history of me the Heroin Addict.

I first used used drugs when I was 14. A bit of pot here, a bit of acid there, I had some great times. If only I knew then what I know now, hindsight is indeed a wonderful but infuriating thing. By 15 my parents had divorced and my mum joined the party. We took many acid trips together, amphetamine and ecstasy were regular visitors to our house. Before we knew what was happening we were injecting Amphetamine together daily. My mum took this to a whole new level and became heavily dependent on speed. She would disappear for days at a time leaving me and my younger sister to fend for ourselves. We became homeless and lived in bed and breakfast for 18 months. Strangely though they were a good 18 months. I fell in love with a married older woman who's husband was in prison. She also lived in the B&B with her young son. We spent as much time together as we could manage. I even moved in with her for a time. This wasn't to be as she soon became fed up with my lifestyle, the drugs and lack of responsibility I displayed. Shame because the Sex was amazing.

It was about this time I started Dabbling with downers, Temazepam, Valium anything I could get my hands on. Every day of my life became dedicated to getting as messed up as I could. I lost many a day to Benzodiazepines, Alcohol, Cannabis and eventually Heroin. Anything I could inject went into a needle. I soon became dependant on Heroin. How different life could have been for me if I had had someone to tell me just how destructive drugs can be. Even as I sunk further and further into addiction I still didn't quite grasp the implications of using. Perhaps this isn't going to be as brief a history as I thought. Part 2 tomorrow.

Peace and best wishes to all X

No comments: