Saturday 30 January 2016

Hello,

The days are flying by, knowing that i'm going into rehab for a detox is terrifying. In 26 years of substance misuse I have never accessed any form of structured daily intervention let alone residential. Although we have the NHS in this country and Dependancy is now recognized as a health issue and not criminal. Funding for full blown residential treatment is almost inpossible to access. I find this a kick in the teeth as i have always supported my habit via working, criminal activith wasn't for me. I only have a handful of crimes on my record and all over 20 years old. The worst being mugging a postman (non violently). Mentioned earlier in my blog. I suppose what i am getting at is this, I've always paid my taxes so why isn't this funding availabke when i need it most.

Still i will give the coming month everything I have. I desperately need to sort my life out and rescue my marriage and my home. I know I can do this. Oh well more bitching and moaning tomorrow lol. How easy it is to play the victim role when struggling with issues in life, especially addiction. I'm guessing Karpmans triangle was on the money. Well worth a quick read if interested in human nature.

Ciao for now


No comments: