Monday 25 January 2016

Well I never saw my mum in the end, decided I couldn't handle it. I had a great weekend with some old faces. It was good to remember some of the good times I had with my biker friends. They were always there for me, never judged me, just helped me where they could. To be fair they are the only peer group I had that I didn't blag or borrow money from. I dread to think how much money I've "borrowed" over the years. Always full of promises regarding repayment, never actually making repayment. The shame I feel over this and other misdemeanours I perpetrated threaten to overwhelm me from time to time. This generally brings on an anxiety attack, these I deal with using distraction / breathing techniques. 

Thinking about past wrongs reminds me of the time my mother made me rob a postman. At this time my mum was committing a fair amount of credit card crime. One morning she woke me an out 4am. "I want you to steal a postman's post bag, if you don't I'm going too". Well like the dutiful son I did indeed steal a postman sack....I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere. I legged it sack in hand back to mums car and off we went. Like fools we took everything back home, criminal masterminds we weren't. I found 3 giros and my mum found a couple of credit cards. The girl I cashed that morning, in the same post office one after the other. I remember one of them was for a Mr Sirrocco,  the others I forget. By the time I walked home the police were already on there way to us. A paper boy had seen me getting in the car and had remembered my mums number plate. It's like some surreal dark comedy when I think back. The police banging the door, attempting to get in. My mum trying to stuff 3/400 letters down the toilet. I was flapping about hiding the giro money. I took the blame as I didn't want my mum in trouble. I was looking at prison time for that one, however at the last moment my mum stood up in court and explained everything regarding her cohersing me into the crime. With that taken into consideration I only received a fine and 2 years probation. Just as well as 20 years later I would be working in a prison. A tale for another day.

Ciao for now.

No comments: