Friday 29 January 2016

Hello,

I managed to secure a detox at a local treatment centre, looks like I go in Tuesday at 11am. Scary however following 26 years of addiction it's about time I accessed residential treatment. I must remember I am no longer a drug and alcohol worker. I am once again on the other side of the desk.

I keep thinking back to the countless initial assessments I did in a local prison, as an employee. During my 8 years of abstinence I trained and became a drug and alcohol worker. I wonder if residential rehab will be similar. I know I'm certainly in for a rough ride. I will be detoxing from 50mls of Methadone. Not ideal but the whole situation has been poorly handled by local services and all of a sudden I find myself 4 days away from a full blown detox. 18 days is all I could get funding for. 3 months is what I need, I will still give it my best shot though. Yeah I guess I'm very scared, I find writing this blog to be very therapeutic and reflective.

I am hoping I can keep the blog going whilst I'm in treatment. I would like to document the highs and lows to follow.

Ciao for now.

No comments: