Thursday 10 March 2016

Hello,

Another poem, I'm finding this quite therapeutic writing these. Even though the ever present sad nature.

Goodbye,

Now my love our time has passed,
Our beating hearts made of glass,
We’ve travelled our road for many a mile,
Long ago your face shone with smile.

A touch or glance quickened our hearts,
In the mists of life our unity did part,
A passion, a heat began to wane,
Life's routine took over again and again,

A forgotten fire became mum and dad,
An obscured love increasingly sad,
Responsibilities veil became our truth,
As we led our babies towards their youth.

You leave a void that will never fill,
My screaming heart so hoarse and shrill,
Your warmth and touch forever lost,
Our roles and choices bear such a cost,

Now my love our road does fork,
New paths and roads we must walk,
Forevermore I’ll dream of your face,
Your wonder, beauty and feminine grace.

A bond of life eternal we share,
As hands caress our shared loves hair,
A girl, a boy will blossom and grow,
Allowing our love to always flow.

Our children's roads will feed our souls,
Offering small shelter from these  gaping holes,
For you I will always yearn,
The torch I hold will always burn.

Now my love we must say goodbye,
Unbidden, tears return to my eyes,
True happiness, one day you will surely find,
An eternal place you’ll hold in my heart and mind.

Mike Shaw 2016


Ciao for now



No comments: