Friday 11 March 2016

Hello,

Things have been going well, however today I have the proverbial monkey on my back. Struggling today, probably a good job I have no money or transport. Makes it easier to avoid the rolling waves of craving. Just need to focus on my recovery and what I do have. Not what I'm losing, there's no progress to be had in that thought process. I wonder how long this one will last, hopefully just a couple of hours and if I can really distract myself the better.

I was naive to think that I was nearly over it, 29 years of substance misuse isn't going to go away over  4-5 weeks. Oh well another rough night ahead, at least I have caught up on some sleep. That means I shouldn't be too low if up all night. Time to write, a book, a poem whatever piques my interest. I might write a book I have had the idea for for over 10 years. Perhaps I can motivate
my self to get on with it. I've always liked fantasy and this book is off that ilk. Sword, sorcery and lots of other goodies. I need to do something to occupy myself too avoid this damned monkey.

Ciao for now

No comments: