Friday 5 February 2016

Hello,

Another emotional day in the cuckoo's nest. Very tearful group this morning, sharing a day in my using life. Great bunch of people here and very supportive. The counsellors are also very good. I found out today that this is the only rehab where phones/pads are allowed. Just as well really or I wouldn't be able to blog. I find this therapeutic having an extra outlet. This along with my journal and groups are really aiding my personal development. For the last 12 years 4 of them in relapse I was convinced I knew it all ergo no one could help me. How conceited and in denial I was. You would think as a trained drug and alcohol counsellor I would have known better.  I suppose that highlights how delusional addiction can make a person. Well I am humbled by my peers, the hardship and horrifying situations some of them have had to face make me realise, actually my life isnt that bad. Yes from an early age I was thrown into the culture of drugs and alcohol but I have always had a certain resillience and for most part functioned.  I miss my family dearly but am able to facetime them daily. Well I reckon its time for a bath, a read then with a bit of luck some sleep. I'm slowly improving my sleep hygiene. Well have a good Friday one and all.

Ciao for now


No comments: