Monday 29 February 2016

Hello,

It's 2 hours from the dawn and this time of day is becoming a familiar companion. At times the long nights have been dark and harrowing but as I start to come through the worst of it they seem a little brighter. I'm averaging 2-3 hours sleep so that's an improvement. Once again I have had a message from Leanne which as always lifted my spirits. I am struggling to motivate myself during the day but have decided today to attempt a trip out on my own. I feel safe but also have a little anxiety about the social interactions I may find. I must motivate myself if I am to find employment any time soon. I suppose I'm very much caught in limbo. Stuck between exhaustion/recovery and the desire to get on and work/provide but I do heed the advice of others. Day by day, little by little. I must stay focussed on recovery and all else will fall into place. With that in mind I will take my Naltexone opiate to ensure safety in the community. Not that I feel I really need but do like the additional security.

On a lighter and more musical note I heard a cover of Simon and Garfunkels sound of silence by a rock band called the Disturbed. I was expecting screams and raw guitars but instead was surprised by this very moving song and video. Well I got goosebumps anyways. Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

Ciao for now

No comments: