Saturday 20 February 2016

Hello,

I'm home, the final meeting before discharge was very emotional. I shed many a tear. My peers were so positive and supportive and even though i've only had 30 mins sleep in 36 hours its great to be home and I actually feel really positive for my future. Cooking some nice pulled pork for my family.
I have some literature to get typed up and I will type these up and post them tomorrow. The previously mentioned poem by my new friend from treatment. His name is Gary Harkness and he was an inspiration in treatment is determined to live the rest of his life. He has been using for 26 years too. We were very like minded. I also have a very short story well more like a pro-logue that I wrote in Creative writing. We were given the wors Hero and had to write about it in any way I like. I'll get them on tomorrow. I'm going to spend this evening in the warm embrace of my family. I start community based secondary treatment on Monday. I am apprehensive however because there are active addicts in community based groups. However N/A is totally substance free but is only once week. I'll get good support in place and feel excited for life and maybe love if I can prove my sobriety to my wife. It'll be a goodly long time before and indeed if the trust can be repaired. So be kind to hourselves and take it one day at a time.

Ciao for now

No comments: