Monday 22 February 2016

Hello,

Had an odd day, went to see my community drug and alcohol worker today to collect my opiate blocker script - Naltrexone. Had to do a urine screen to ensure I am totally clear of opiates, if I still have any opiates at all in my system the naltrexone would throw me into a severe withdrawal. Bearing in mind my last dose of Methadone was 9 full days ago. To my surprise I screened positive for Methadone. Thats some Half-life. As I was informed the Naltrexone likes the opiate receptors and is stickier than the opiate metabolites. Not only does it bind to the receptor it blocks it too. However if there are the slightest amount of Opiate Metabolites left in the receptor the Naltrexone forces them out and makes you feel intense withdrawal. Gotta wonder could I feel any worse?? Well its been 3 days at home with about 3.5 hours sleep in total and lots of Noradrenaline bombardments. Wide awake, leg cramps. Uncontrollable stretches and sneezing fits. Why does this even occur in nature? Hope those that read Gary's poem earlier enjoyed it, or if in recovery or use could relate to it.

A big thanks to Leanne for her positive vibes and support.

Well it will soon be another long dark night, its crazy how 8 hours can seem like a lifetime, feeling run down and lonely at these dark times. Perhaps I need a hobby.

Ciao for now

No comments: