Thursday 4 February 2016

Hello,

Well group was interesting today. Very emotional, very insightful. Its funny how I used to facilitate groups for others but now find myself as a client. I am realising that i should have  treatment years ago. How my life could have been different. However i think to dwell on it would have been can be counter productive. It really does have power though sharing, being heard, listening and engaging. I found a poem today that i would like to share with you.

No one seems to know who penned the original version of this but there are a lot of variants on the original, this being one if the closest to source i could find:


So now little man you've grown tired of grass
All that damn acid, that cocaine and hash.
And someone pretending that he is your friend
Said "I'll introduce you to Miss Heroin".

Well honey before you start fooling with me
Just let me tell you of how it will be.
For I will seduce you and make you my slave
Believe me I've sent srtonger men to their grave.

You think you could never become a disgrace
Then end up addicted to poppy seed waste.
You'll start by experimenting one afternoon
And end up asleep in my arms very soon.

The once I have entered deep in your veins
The craving will drive you nearly insane.
You'll need lots of money as you have been told
For darling, I'm more expensive than gold.

You'll swindle your mother for just a buck
And turn into someone who's vile and corrupt.
You'll mug and you'll steal for the narcotic charms
Then feel so content when I'm in your arms.

The you'll realise the monster inside you has grown
And you'll solemnly swear to leave me alone.
But if you think that it's easy and that you've got the knack
The sweetie just try getting me off your back.

The vomit, the cramps, your gut in a knot
The jangling nerves screaming for just one more shot.
The hot chills, the cold sweat, the withdrawal pains
Can only be saved by my little white grains.

So now you return (just as I foretold)
And I know that you'll give me your body and soul.
You'll give me your morals, your conscience, your heart
And now you are mine till death do us part.

Ciao for now

No comments: