Tuesday 16 February 2016

Hello,

I actually did it, I disclosed to the group today. It was raw, emotional but on the flipside its like a weight has been lifted. There were a surprising amount of people in the group that have had similar experiences as children. While that was great and made me realise I am not alone it was also saddening that so many children are subjected to abuse of one kind or another. Sexual and Violent being the main theme in here. I remember about 4 years or so ago the stats were that 1 in 6 children in britain are subjected to some form of abuse. However beautiful the world is it seems that mankind can make it pretty dark at times. Oftentimes young people leave home prematurly for various reasons. There is a video a friend of mine has made with the Healthy Living Project which can help raise awareness, if you have some a few minutes to spare please read:

https://youtu.be/QL-EunZaNO4

Thanks,

Ciao for now

No comments: