Wednesday 10 February 2016

Hello,

Well today has been a real emotional roller coaster. Firstly i attended an open group with some real emotional shares. Then i had to read out a letter of introduction. That was particularly hard as it was like an brief life story. It was tough reading out the progression of my heroin addiction and how I have actually lost every thing I hold dear. However once read it was also very cthartic. I then attended what called creative writing. I naively thought it would be about improving literacy skills, oh how I was mistaken. I had to choose a word and then write about how this word has effected me and how it can benefit me. I chose the word "acknowledgment". I basically realised that I have to learn to aknowledge the abuse I was subjected too. Also and perhaps more importantly how the lack of aknowledgement has supported the suppression of bad memeories/feeling. I need use a CBT model to retrain my way of thinking regarding the abuse. I know this may sound a bit "fluffy" but actually it is really working. I would reccomend that anyone with addiction problems seek treatment and counselling. We only get one life and I now realise I have wasted probably half of it.

Ciao for now

No comments: