Friday 26 February 2016

Hello,

I actually slept for a whole 3 unbroken hours last night. I feel refreshed and ready to face the day. I am due to attend my first Community SMART Recovery meeting today. This will be a big step as its in the same community where I one worked as a Drug and Alcohol worker. That being said, taking ownership of my addiction and practicing complete honesty is a way forward I am committed to. I think I would like to, in time, return to facilitating groups. The SMART Recovery model is ideal for me as it is completely client led. I believe they even provide a level of additional training. I could definitnely use a refresher. I'm looking forward to gaining support from like minded folk and I really do hope the group members who may be active still are discreet. I certainly wouldn't want to prejudice people who are still struggling but I also see the need for absolute safety within the group. It's a very fine line between what's acceptable and what isn't. As in most things in life there is always a grey area.

I have created a Google+ Community with the idea of raising awareness. It is very embryonic as yet with only 3 Members. Hopefully it will gain more members and become an open forum for service users and service providers to gain support or information. It would be wonderful if this helped just one person resolve their ambivalence and make change but obviously the more the merrier. If anyone reading this blog would like to take a look, here is a link:

https://plus.google.com/communities/108852432853447536523

Have a great day, one and all.

Ciao for now

No comments: